Thursday, October 18, 2012

Battlecreek Boutique - Fall Show


After a long (LONG) summer of the Farmer's Market, I'm pleased to say that I am doing Battlecreek Boutique once again. Why does this make me so happy? Well, for one - I don't have be there the entire time, as it's based on a cashier system. For another - I get to sell more stuff, silly.

No, but in all seriousness, some may remember that I did Battlecreek this past April. It was my first ever experience of selling in an open venue. Sure, etsy is safe and relatively unattached, but in a place where people can actually see and touch your creations? So exciting!

And sometimes a little disappointing. Last time, there was a moment in which I was "pretending" to look at my stuff so other people would come and be interested in what I was looking at (let's be realistic, it happens). I didn't tell anyone that it was my booth unless they asked. One lady (who did not ask) said some hurtful things about my jewelry, and I was astonished that she would even go as far as to say something like that out loud, but much less to someone she didn't know. But, regardless of her atrocious attitude, I did remarkably well for my first experience and then decided to continue on with other venues - such as the Farmer's Market.

When the opportunity arose to do Battlecreek's Fall show I jumped on it. I knew I wanted to improve upon what I had going last time, even if it still isn't top-professional grade like some other people's booths tend to be. I'm here to make money, not spend it on outrageously expensive walls and decor to present my stuff. That being said, I still tried my best to make it look presentable.

(ignore the unfinished corkboards, please :) Those were to be my project earlier this week, but I had some unavoidable issues with school that came up and made it impossible for me to doll them up)




Angled view of the booth. I had the 5x8, but it ended up being about 6x8 in most areas.
We got a little cut off on the far left side due to an unexpected table placement on the other side.

This N That Creations by Nikki



Crocheted hats by Touque


Adorable magnets by This N That by Nikki - Only $1!



I forgot to take a picture of my own display... the easiest explanation I can think of to that is that I am running on dangerously low levels of sleep right now ;) I will take one and be sure to add it to this post later. Special thanks to Allison J. for making sure everything looks as good as it does. Without her, I would have... well, I don't know what I would have done.

Everyone, please come by! Even if you aren't interested in what my booth has to offer, there are other fabulous finds at Battlecreek.

No comments:

Post a Comment